Find more resources to guide you here!
Whether you're trying to navigate schoolspending.az.gov for the first time or teaching others how to use it, the resources below will help to answer common questions. On this page, you can:
- Watch a tutorial video about the Arizona School Spending Portal
- Download a PowerPoint template so that you can lead your own training
- Find links to related resources from the state of Arizona
- Review "Frequently Asked Questions" and their answers
Lead a Training
Use this slide deck template to deliver a presentation about the Arizona School Spending Portal. The template covers history and legislation, tips for navigation, and other context for understanding school spending data.
View Related Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I FIND ON SCHOOLSPENDING.AZ.GOV?
Schoolspending.az.gov provides a transparent and easily accessible view of Arizona school financial data. This includes the following school-level data for charter schools, individual schools operated by school districts, and school districts themselves.
- Detailed total revenues generated by weighted student count.
- Total allocated federal, state, and local revenues.
- Allocation of classroom site fund monies, including amounts allocated for teacher pay and benefits, classroom supplies, student support, and other expenditures.
- Comparisons of the funding information for each school in relation to the funding information for other schools in the same local education agency, and other information that is necessary for a transparent comparison between schools with respect to their revenues, expenditures, student demographics, or academic achievement.
WHERE CAN I FIND A GLOSSARY OF THE ACRONYMS USED IN THE REPORTING?
You can find a glossary of commonly used education terms here.
HOW OFTEN IS THE PORTAL UPDATED?
The Portal is updated annually with the financial information from the previous full school year. However, updates to last year’s data may occur more frequently if the information is updated or provided to schoolspending.az.gov by the Arizona Department of Education or a Local Education Agency (LEA).
HOW CAN I SHARE INFORMATION FOUND ON SCHOOLSPENDING.AZ.GOV?
It is easy to share information you find on schoolspending.az.gov by simply clicking on the "Share" button located in the upper right portion of the school/district pages.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE FINANCIAL INFORMATION DISPLAYED IN THE PORTAL?
Individual schools and districts are responsible for their own data. The originating school and/or district reports its respective financial information to the Arizona Department of Education which is tasked with the oversight of public education. The Arizona Department of Education provides this financial data to the Arizona Department of Administration which is responsible for compiling and displaying certain data on schoolspending.az.gov.
WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE INFORMATION DISPLAYED ON SCHOOLSPENDING.AZ.GOV?
For additional details regarding financial data related to a particular school or district please contact the local education agency (LEA) directly. To make an inquiry or to provide feedback regarding the online portal, please complete the “Report a Problem” form located at the bottom of each page on schoolspending.az.gov.